Young Workers – Workplace Injury

Injured at Work? Workers have the Right to Report to the WCB

The Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) handles claims related to workplace injuries and illnesses. If you are injured at work and require medical assistance or miss a day of work, the injury must be reported to the WCB. WCB can help you with pay and medical treatment if you are unable to work due to a workplace injury or illness.

If you are injured at work, follow these steps:

  1. Tell your employer
  2. Tell First Aid and your health care provider
  3. Tell the Workers’ Compensation Board (you can file a report online)

WCB is “no-fault” insurance. It does not matter if you believe the injury was your fault, or if your employer tells you it was your fault. If you are covered by the WCB, you are eligible for compensation. (*note that not all industries are required to be covered by the WCB. Find out more by contacting them.)

Contact the WCB

Toll-free phone number: 1-866-922-9221
Email: via online request